At The Positive Piece Pty Ltd ACN 645 494 364 (The Positive Piece, “we”, “our” or “us”), we are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Collection of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information, as defined in the Privacy Act when you access or use our site.
‘Personal Information’ is defined in the Privacy Act as information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information or opinion is true or not; and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. Examples of personal information include your name, email address, mailing address, billing address, telephone number, credit/debit card information, age, date of birth, history of your interactions with us in relation to communication, transaction products, services and activities on our site.
We collect personal information so that we can provide our products and services to you. For example, we collect personal information so that we can:
- Identify and communicate with you;
- Communicate information about our products, services, special offers and promotions which might interest you;
- Process and deliver orders and purchases;
- Respond to enquiries and process returns;
- Create transaction records, agreements for the sale of products, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- Improve the quality of our services through receiving feedback; and
- Carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, product and service development and quality control.
If at any time you do not wish to receive information from us about our products, services, special offers and promotions, you can choose to opt out of this service.
We will not collect your personal information unless you choose to provide it to us voluntarily. This may vary depending on how you choose to interact with us. This may include collecting personal information from or through:
- You when you visit our website www.thepositivepiece.com;
- You when you contact support or purchase products from us;
- You when you click on any of our banners, hyperlinks or plugins; or
- Your use of our social media such as Instagram and Facebook.
Your personal information may also be collected from publicly available sources of information and from third parties. We will only do so where this is lawful and fair, and where it is not reasonably practicable for us to acquire that information directly from the individual.
The Positive Piece may also collect non-identifiable information about you for statistical purposes such as analysis to help improve our site. This data may include:
- Your computer’s IP address;
- Browser type;
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our site;
- The pages within The Positive Piece site that you visit;
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times, dates and other statistics.
This data will not be used in association with any personal information.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The Positive Piece will only use your personal information as permitted by law. This means we only use personal information for the purpose for which it is collected or for related purposes. Your personal information will not be sold, rented or leased to any third parties without your permission.
The Positive Piece may share your data with trusted partners as authorised or required by law, and as necessary to provide you with the products and services you have purchased. These entities include our agents and third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf.
Security of Personal Information
The Positive Piece is committed to maintaining the safety and security of your personal information. We use a variety of physical and electronic security measures to keep personal information secure from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure. Our website www.thepositivepiece.com uses SSL encryption to protect all your personal information and credit card details.
Text Marketing Notifications
By subscribing to The Positive Piece text notifications, you agree to receive automated marketing text messages from us about our products and services at the phone number you provided when you subscribed, and that the messages may be sent via automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Message frequency is recurring. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Message and data rates may apply. Reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to opt-out and HELP for customer support. You may receive an additional text message confirming your decision to opt-out. You understand and agree that attempting to opt-out by any means other than texting the opt-out commands above is not a reasonable means of opting out.
You have the right to do the following regarding your personal information;
- To access the personal information we hold about you;
- To ask for us to amend inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- To request the erasure of personal information we hold about you or stop collecting your information; and
- To request how your personal information is being used.
There are some circumstances in which we may be unable to provide you with access to your personal information, including where:
- Providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- Providing access would be unlawful; and
- Denying access is otherwise required or authorised by law.
If your request for access to your personal information is refused, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal.
Making a Complaint
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, or would like more information about how we manage your personal information, you can contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.